The CP World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The CP World

This is a Club Penguin forum, where all those who play it may chat and discuss like old people on a rampage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My First Attempt At A Story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Frozen Angel
Royal Penguin Guard
Frozen Angel

Female
Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2007-08-13

My First Attempt At A Story Empty
PostSubject: My First Attempt At A Story   My First Attempt At A Story EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 9:08 pm

Well, this is the first story I ever wrote. Don't pin too high expectations on me. Don't forget I'm just a amateur writer. I'll be finetuning it constantly and when I think it's finally satisfactory, I would post it in other forums.
BTW I've not thought of a title for it.
--------

It was a steel gray morning. Thousands of birds, hidden in the leafless trees, broke out in a spontaneous melody. I listened hard. There was something different, something uncanny about their song. It was not the usual cheery tune we always heard, instead it was dull and melancholy.
We walked on, treading cautiously on massive melting blocks of ice. All the while, there was a long and fidgety silence as we strolled through the Great White Way. The Great White Way was a long and magnificent stretch of road that extended far beyond the far-flung magnolia clouds. The road, just like anywhere else, was a big stretch of ice. What made the Great White Way so charming were the ancient and exquisite ice carvings on the roadside, preserved for centuries by the chilly temperature of the North Pole. The Great White Way was lined with majestic towering trees that had endured the passage of millenniums. The trees were a snowy white, delicately coated with soft snow, which fell from the vast and frosted sky.
I had always held the Great White Way close to my heart, as it held many sweet memories of my wonderful childhood. Everyday after school, I, together with my school friends, would walk through this lovely place on our way back home. I remembered my first day of school sometime in June when I was five, ready to begin my Kindergarten year. My mother walked with me to school and as we walked through the Great White Way, I often marveled and leaped in the air with excitement as I beheld the charm of it. Ever since, I, together with my newly made friends- Chainzz, Finny and Spacedog, decided to take the route through the Great White Way everyday back home.
But now, my heart ached all the way to the core, as I gazed at what had become of the glorious Great White Way. To begin with, the tough icy path had melted to become huge chunks of melting ice with puddles of cold water hither and thither. The beautiful ice carvings, which I had always marveled at, had melted away into the gloomy liquefying ice, and the snow on the trees had melted, revealing the dull and ugly brown of the leafless trees.
Looking at the despondent condition of my beloved homeland – the Great Kingdom Of Polar Bears, reflective thoughts bombarded my mind. I remembered the times when I was only a little polar bear at the young age of three. Grandma was alive then. She had constantly reminded us not to waste electricity and to conserve it. She explained to us that fossil fuels have to be burned in order to produce electricity, and the burning releases carbon dioxide, which forms a layer in the atmosphere that traps heat on the earth. The heat will cause the polar ice caps, our home, to melt. I heaved a sigh of distress. That was twelve years ago, and I had always thought that Grandma was a big nag. For generations, we had never taken global warming seriously, and now, we had to face the grave consequences of it. But now, Grandma’s gone and would never see the destruction of our mighty kingdom.
What would be the fate of the Great Kingdom Of Polar Bears? Did we still have hope? Probably not. It’s too late. Will our vast land ever melt away one day? There was a lot of likelihood that that would happen. And soon. If it really did, how long more would we have before the day of doom arrives? A week? A month? A year?
To all these very pertinent questions I could find no satisfactory and precise answer. The mere thought of drowning to death scared the living hell out of me as an awkward, unsettling feeling settled down in me. All of a sudden, I felt my feet sinking down. That jolted me out of my thoughts and I realized that I was sinking into a puddle of melted ice. “Oh no!” I gasped.
Upon hearing my gasp, Spacedog seemed startled. He looked at me and when he finally realized what was going on, he helped to pull me up and out. “You okay?” he asked. I smiled bleakly and finally managed to utter a word, “Yeah.” “Alright,” he murmured and stood straight up on his four furry white legs with a sigh as a bitter smile lingered on his face.

---TO BE CONTINUED---
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/abucketofshadows
Anonymous

My First Attempt At A Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Attempt At A Story   My First Attempt At A Story EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 1:57 am

Wow,, Frozen Angel,, (Or should I say Alicia?) that''s a reallii good storii.

Well done,,

Sneezerbug_xx Smile
Back to top Go down

My First Attempt At A Story
Page 1 of 1